Sunday, March 29, 2009

Slacker!

Yep, that's me! Sorry to all of you who check our blog that I haven't posted in over a week. It's been fairly busy so I'll do my best to fill you in on what's been going on... We'll start with last Thursday (my last post). Dawson and I went to Trisha McPhail's baby shower. Her and Todd welcomed Paige into their life on February 21st. She is such a sweet miracle...and so tiny. It was nice to see a room full of dresses and pink!
Meet Paige McPhail
On Saturday we all got together to celebrate Lynn's birthday, she turned 28 on March 20th.
Happy Birthday Lynn!

Beth knitted Lynn a huge cozy blanket.

Dawson went right for the wrapping paper. Dawson, Maia and Aiden had a fun day of playing together.
After wearing each other out, Aiden & Maia watched a movie...well for about 10 minutes.
On Tuesday Andrea brought Jama and I to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I LOVED it. It's a group of moms that get together every other week for 2 hours, there is always a speaker and then a craft project. I'll admit I was a little hesitant to leave Dawson since I've only left him in family's care so far but right away I felt comfortable. It's sweet grandmas that watch them and it seemed to be 1-3 kids per adult. The moms start off by eating breakfast, then this week the topic was discipline. It was all a little premature for me but really interesting. The presentation was based on a book called "Parenting with Love and Logic". I highly recommend it, I'm going to buy it and read it now so I'm prepared when Dawson get's to that point. Then for the craft project this week we did cute little Easter candy envelopes and candy carrots. I'm looking forward to the next one that the topic will be homeopathic remedies and the craft project is making "green" cleaning products!
Here is my bunny and carrot!
Right after MOPS I dropped Dawson off at Great Grandma's and went to get my hair done. It had been over 5 months since I got it colored! I was being indecisive as usual but knew I wanted to do something different. My two options that I thought of were getting a body perm or cutting it short. Since I wasn't sure what to expect from the perm I decided to chop it. I think we cut about 6-7 inches off! I'm having a bit of "haircutters remorse" but overall it's nice to have my hair look and feel so healthy for once.
Before After
On Thursday night Ryan and his girlfriend Megan invited us over to their place for a BBQ. Her mom, stepdad, sister, dad, stepmom and stepsister all flew in from Montana to celebrate her birthday the next day. Another big step for Ryan having the two families meet. :) It all went great! Her family is full of energy and a lot of fun.
This is the only picture I ended up getting all night but I thought it was a cute one of my dad, Dawson and I.
Friday night we were bringing back the 80's!! Megan celebrated her 30th birthday by throwing an 80's bash.
Me and the Birthday girl.
Ryan & Megan
How do you like Chad's mullet?
Katie's good at rocking the 80's style.
Molly (Megan's sister), Megan, Chad and Tasha (Megan's stepsister) taking a birthday shot.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You guys were looking HOT for the 80's party!! Great pictures, and your new hair cut looks super cute!