Saturday, March 07, 2009

7 Months Old!!

I say this all the time...but how did this month go by so fast?! I was just coming to terms with the fact that Dawson had turned 6 months and he had been in our lives for half of a year already. I guess time flies when your having fun playing peek-a-boo all day. So let's see, this month Dawson has started talking more than ever. He doesn't get that from any strangers...he's got to keep up with his mom all day! Sadly, I don't think "mama" is going to be one of his first words and trust me, I'm trying to get him to learn his M's. Right now B is his favorite letter and I swear he says "Hi" back to me in the cutest high pitched voice, and he did throw out a couple D's the other day making me wonder if dada will be the lucky one. Still no crawling. I don't think he can get any closer without just doing it so any day now I'm sure. He gets on all fours no problem and sometimes he'll scoot or jump his knees forward and sometimes he'll move his arms forward, the problem is he doesn't do it together so he ends up crashing on his belly. Unfortunately Dawson had to celebrate his birthday today with a cold :( but here's what we were up to:
Started off the morning playing with his toes. I can never resist getting pictures of those squishy thighs. I can't wait for nicer weather when he can just be in onesies to show off the rolls! We met Grandpa Gartner at the Lynden Home Show to check some things out and visit Grandma. As usual, Dawson was quite the attention grabber.
Grandpa & Grandma Bennett came over for dinner and to play.
Despite a runny nose, sneezing and coughing we managed to get some smiles out of him.
It's getting harder and harder to have him sit still to get our posed "birthday" picture on the couch every month.
Here we go-Dawson at 7 months!

3 comments:

Kneeland Family said...

TAG! You're IT! Check out my blog to play the game. (if ya feel like it :D)

Kneeland Family said...

I love his little chubby cheeks and those dimples! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Christen. I love the new sweater. With this crazy weather, everyone needs a warm sweater!