Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Baby Shower

Megan threw me a baby shower over the weekend and it was wonderful! It was full of family, friends, good food, games and lots of presents! :)
Megan knows that I love to play games so she had 3 great ones ready for the shower. The first was a quiz on how well you know Mom & Dad (aka: Chad & I), guess how many diapers are in the container and guess the amount of string it will take to fit around my belly.
On to presents. Baby and I got very spoiled. We received tons of wonderful gifts including essentials, carriers, bouncy chair, diaper bag, bath goodies, adorable baby boy & girl clothes :) and more!
Oh, and yes that's a bottle of champagne from Nate & Kate for us to celebrate with after baby comes-what a great idea!
Kate (prego due beginning of August), Tara (prego due end of May), Lynn & Owen
Grandma Hope & Aunt Debbie
Cassie with her daughter Iris (the cutest sweetest little girl ever) and Tina
The amazing host-Megan
Cute onesie decoration that Megan did. I also have to point out that she had M&M's made that had a picture of Chad and I on them and fun sayings like "Boy or Girl?," "We can't wait," and "CWB + CMB"-such a cute keepsake.
Ryan even got this cute piggy bank for baby with a note that said:
Little One- God blessed us with compounding interest, may you use it to the best of your ability!! -Uncle Ryan
After Chad and I got home and went through the gifts again we put them all in baby's crib so Dawson wouldn't attack them, thought it made for a cute picture.
Thanks again to everyone who came to the shower to celebrate our soon to be new addition and for all the great gifts. It was so nice to spend a day in good company and it was all so appreciated. Hopefully sooner rather than later we'll find out what is growing in this belly of mine.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great shower. So sorry I missed it. I love the m&m idea. How cute!

CLS said...

I think it was the cutest shower I've ever been to :)
Also, on Sunday I decided to chow down on those M&M's and I got half way through before I realized I was eating your faces!