Saturday, April 03, 2010

Names, Names, Names

Word of warning: reading 4 baby name books in a row will make you fuzzy in the head...and no, I still have not found our perfect boy name. My doctor actually laughed at me at my appointment yesterday because he couldn't believe 2 weeks before the due date we didn't have names chosen. It's out there somewhere and I'm hoping we'll find it before this baby makes it's debut. Then who knows if this stressing over a boy name will have been for nothing. Kai is now out. Grady and Grayson are still the top choices. We've went back and forth with the name Cooper. We both like it but worry that it may get too common soon. Chad heard another one that he likes-Lincoln, but I don't think it's working for me.
Daddy and Dawson reading a baby name book.
It would be great if the names Dawson pointed at were good ones and he could help choose but so far I swear every one he's pointed to is the most hideous on the page! :)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That picture is precious. I love it. Name picking is so hard! It's so permanent which is why I think it is so stressful for the parents. We have friends with Kai's and Lincoln's and I like them both. Not that it matters but I love the name Jacob (Jake). One of my kids would have that name except it's my cousin's name and I didn't feel like repeating it in the family. Remember it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you and Chad like the name.
I will laugh if you have a girl!

CLS said...

You'll figure it out; but from the sounds of it, you like names that are known to be last names. So what about Harrison? Or Lennon, Nolan, Parker, Warner... I just went down the alphabet. Also, I knew the most adorable little boy named Rikley. I thought that was super cute.

Anonymous said...

Mason, Chase, Hunter, Ryker, Kyson, Levi...

Anonymous said...

When you come up with it, youll know. Or, when you see him (if its a him), then one will just fit. We were pretty sure on Maia's name, but I still was nervous that maybe it wouldnt suit her. When I first saw her, it just fit. For the record, though.... I LOVE Cooper. And I LOVE Lincoln. Both a very cute.
Love
Jama