Thursday, April 23, 2009

Celebrating 2 Years

April 28th is Chad and my 2nd wedding anniversary! We have had a fun filled couple years and now watching him as a "daddy" my love for him has grown even stronger. Since Chad's turnaround for work starts today and he'll be working at least 21 days straight, we celebrated by spending last weekend in Seattle. I'm not ready to leave Dawson overnight yet, so it wasn't a very romantic getaway but it was really special to spend uninterrupted time as a family. I used Hotwire for the first time to book our hotel (the website that guarantees the area and star rating for a lower price because you don't get the hotel name until you book). We ended up at the Silver Cloud Hotel and I was very impressed! It was hilarious watching Dawson when we first got to the hotel room, he was crawling around like crazy checking everything out then rolling all over the king size bed (don't worry, we took off the comforter immediately!). After getting settled we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...YUM!!
I promise I didn't intentionally pack us color coordinating outfits.
After dinner we packed up our cheesecake and headed back to the hotel to go swimming.
This was Dawson's first time in a pool. We thought he would love it since he loves taking baths...but not so much, he really didn't know what to think. In his defense the water was a little chilly and his daddy splashed him.
We started our next day by walking along the waterfront and then went to the Seattle Aquarium. Dawson really seemed to be having fun, he'd follow the fish as they swam by and was full of smiles. When I saw this picture I realized my little baby is growing up. :(
Dawson was trying to figure out what kind of fish were swimming all around him.
Taking a ride on a whale.
Next stop was Pike Place Market, a delicious lunch at Pike's Pub and then back home.
It's amazing how one night away can refresh you and make you love and appreciate your family that much more!

No comments: