Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Snow Day

So I'm sitting in my living room right now watching the snow fall and the icicles hanging off the roof lengthen. This is crazy! It has been snowing ALL day long. I thought we were done with this kind of weather for the year...at least I was hoping we were. Our nice weather last week was such a tease! Not like I didn't know this before, but I am SO a warm weather person. Why do I live in Ferndale, WA-who knows?! Okay, it's so I can be close to my family and friends that I love but how I would love to live in Florida, Hawaii, maybe Mexico... :)
We decided not to venture out in the cold today and instead stay warm and cozy inside. Dawson was having a rough day. Poor boy's teeth are causing him a lot of pain. Last night he didn't sleep much at all so luckily he took a lot of naps today but I feel so bad when I can't really help him.
Here's a peak at how we spent our snow day...
Dawson was much more interested in watching the snow fall today than he was in December. He kept busy trying to pick up Cheerios on his own. I break them in half (because I'm a worry wart and I don't want him to choke) but even when he finally gets a grasp on one he can't quite figure out how to get it in his mouth-it's pretty cute to watch.
To relieve one of his crying fits I cuddled with him in our bed and he took an hour and a half nap. It was a nice chance for me to relax and read a magazine, and I LOVE getting to cuddle for that long. Luckily right when he woke up he was in a much better mood and ready to play! Once Chad got home it was bath time.
A little "piano" playing then it was time to read a book, go to bed and hope for a better night's sleep than we all got last night!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I hope the snow is gone for good! We need to continue walking! Let me know when you are up for it.