Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Real!

Yes, that's right. We got a real Christmas tree this year! Chad's been bugging me about my fake tree for years but it's so much easier. The lights are already put on perfectly and if you want an ornament in a certain place, you just bend a branch to make it work. But I caved in this year mainly because I want the boys to have memories of going out and choosing our very own tree to cut down and bring home. I was also really looking forward to that wonderful smell a live tree puts off...but for some reason our tree doesn't have that.
On our way to the tree farm I knew I wanted a "Charlie Brown-ish" tree. I love the way they look and I figured that the more I can see through the tree, the less bugs that can be hiding in there. This was the first tree I saw when we got out of the car, right up front. After about an hour of walking up and down aisles of trees we ended up back at our first choice.
When I asked Dawson to pick out a tree he wanted to bring home, this is what he chose. Now I wish I would have asked the people to mark it for us and we could have got it in a couple years!
Shane, Lynn, Aiden & Owen with their Christmas tree.
Aiden & Dawson helped Chad carry our tree.
Dawson thinking he was totally helping by carrying the very tip of the tree.
Too short to put the star on this year.
I LOVE our REAL tree!!

1 comment:

Debbie & Jim said...

That's one of our fondest Christmas memories with the children - cutting down the tree. It was always a bit of a drive for us and we would make a lunch and make Day of it.
Debbie & Jim