Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cornwall Park...finally!

Is it too much to ask to have a picnic on a beautiful sunny day? I think so. Let me tell you why: Sunday was sunny and warm (kinda) so we thought a picnic would be a great idea. I made us sandwiches and packed up a bunch of snacks and off we went headed to Larrabee Park with shovels and buckets for Dawson to play in the sand. I can't complain about the gorgeous drive but when we got there the tide was all the way up so there was no beach to play at. We decided to get back in the car and head to Zuanich Park to play and have our picnic. If you haven't been there lately, let me warn you-the grass is COVERED with goose poop. So much that there was no way I was even going to lay down a blanket. We ended up finding an empty park bench where I started unpacking our lunch just as Chad came over to show me that Dawson had stepped in a huge pile of dog poo and it had covered his whole shoe and got on his & Chad's pants. So....once again we packed up (after we got Dawson's clothes & shoes changed) and headed to Cornwall Park. Third time's a charm! I got to lay down our blanket on a nice patch of clean grass and we had a wonderful picnic!
Dawson had a lot of places to run around and explore.
The playground is huge and a lot of fun.
But of course, Dad's rides are the best!When we got home Dawson got to experience his first Oreo.
I think he liked it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wont tell you to come visit and we can take our pick of parks and beaches to picnic at. I just wont. :)
Jama