Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Weekend Festivities

We had a mellow, yet fun 4th of July weekend this year. It started out on Thursday when Dawson and I went to play at Zuanich Park while Chad went golfing. It felt wonderful being outside in the nice grass on a sunny day feeling the breeze off the water. At first Dawson was crawling all over the place chasing the kids that were flying their kites... ...but then he took a break and hung out on the blanket with me-probably because I had food. He's really good about drinking a lot of water and I love to watch him hold the cup up on his own.
After playing in the grass I loaded Dawson in the stroller and we went on a great walk all around the harbor and down on the docks to see the boats. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the flowers below, does anyone know what they are? I want them in my yard.
On Friday we met up with Nathan, Kate & Riley at Lake Goodwin. They were camping with Nathan's coworker for the weekend so we thought it would be fun to spend the day with them. There were some very competitive games of "beer pong" (I watched, Chad played) and Dawson and Riley had a fun time playing together.
How do you like Dawson's farmer tan? :)
I just put this picture on here because I LOVE Dawson's hair!! On Saturday, the 4th we headed to Camano Island to my Uncle Jim's to spend time with the family. He has a great little place right across the street from the water and a big deck with an amazing view.
Dawson feasted on some watermelon with Grandma. On our way down to the beach. I didn't count, but I heard there were 52 steps to the street. Needless to say, we got some exercise!
We could only let Dawson down for a second because (big surprise) every rock went straight in the mouth.
Love you Grandma!
It was so nice spending the day with you, Grandpa & the rest of the gang!
The sunset over the water was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
Dawson was so tired from the day that he only watched a few of the fireworks before he passed out on me. I'm so surprised he was able to sleep during all the "booms"!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Get photos Christen. I think the pink flowers are bee balm. Find out more at:
http://www.garden.org/plantguide/?q=show&id=2037