Monday, August 03, 2009

Home Improvements...Finally!

We're finally getting started on our home improvements! It's so exciting to see things coming along and it's amazing how much different it already looks even though it's far from done. When complete we will have new windows, new siding & garage door, stamped concrete patio in the back and stamped concrete walkway and driveway up front.
Here are some before pictures (Chad got a little anxious and started ripping off the siding before I could grab the camera):
We started off by getting the new windows installed. This is what I came home to one day...a big open hole in the wall. Turned out the installer found some rot and had to run get more materials.
Here are some after pictures of all the windows in:
It's been so nice on these smoking hot days to be able to open our living room windows and get some air flow!
We're actually further along than this, but my camera battery just died. Chad and some co-workers have been working hard on getting our siding put up and we're almost 3/4 of the way done. Last Saturday Shane, Bill and Chad also poured our landing and steps coming out of the slider. We can't wash off the colored release powder until tomorrow so I'm anxiously waiting to see how it turns out and if I'm happy with the color I chose. I'll be sure to post more pictures as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Kate said...

So exciting Christen!!! I can't wait to come see the finished product this weekend for Dawson's party!! :)